Dear Honolulu Waldorf Community,
We are in need of your written or verbal testimonial on behalf of our school's plan to unite Grades PreK through Grade 12 on the Niu Campus.
Please consider coming to the upcoming neighborhood board meeting or submitting your written testimony.
The Kalani Iki Kuliou’ou Neighborhood Board Meeting
Thursday, May 2nd
5275 Kalaniana’ole Highway
(Niu side of to the HWS High School, entrance opposite Nenue Street)
TO: Members of the Kuliouou-Kalani Iki Neighborhood Board
DATE: Thursday, May 2, 2019
RE: Honolulu Waldorf School
FROM: your name
[Testimony starts here. Talking points may include:]
· Your relationship with the school, e.g. I am the parent of an eighth grader and we have been part of the school community for 10 years.
· Why you support moving H.S. students to the L.S., e.g. A united campus will increase our resources and the efficiency of our operations. It will increase the opportunity for positive, close relationships between all of the students, staff, and teachers.
· Examples of positive events / activities students bring to the community, e.g., volunteering to help with the Honolulu Marathon, working with Chris Cramer of the Maunalua Fishpond Heritage Center on a “Vision for Niu Valley,” doing community service hours on a regular basis.
· How H.S. students interact with L.S. students, e.g. The integration of our school onto one campus will increase the opportunities for the high school students to mentor the younger students, and also to allow them to remember what it was like to be small—an important component of building empathy.
· Anything else you think board members should know about H.S. students, the L.S. campus or Waldorf education in general