(6 years old by May 31 preceding Grade 1 entry)
Priority deadline is January 1 for the following school year.
- Parent(s) attend an Admissions Tour
RSVP to 808-377-5471 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit the $150 application fee. Please make check payable to Honolulu Waldorf School.
- Complete and submit the Application for Admission.
- Submit a wallet-sized photo of the child.
- Submit a copy of birth certificate
- If parents are divorced, please submit the divorce degree
- Submit the Kindergarten/Grade 1 Teacher Reference Report to your child’s current Preschool or Kindergarten teacher, if applicable.
- Complete and submit the Transcript/Records Request form with the application.
Once a complete application has been received:
- Individual interview – Individual parent/child interviews are scheduled during February, March and April. Lower school teachers meet with the parent(s) at the same time the child meets separately with other lower school teachers.
- Class visit – After the individual interview, the child will be scheduled for a three day class visit in the First Grade class. During the visit, the child’s academic readiness is assessed and physical, emotional, and social development evaluated.
- Admission Decision – After the class visit, Lower School teachers will decide whether to accept, decline or wait-pool the applicant.
- The Director of Admissions will inform the parent(s) of the admission decision by letter by April 15.
- Mid-year applicants – Individual interviews will be scheduled consisting of the child’s three-day class visit and the separate parent/teacher interview. Mid-year transfers will be informed of the admission decision approximately 10 working days following the class visit.
Application Fee; Payable to the Honolulu Waldorf School
Payment accepted: Check, Cashiers Check, Wire Transfer or Credit Card*.
*If paying by credit card, please call the admissions director 808-377-5471 or email email@example.com